CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 12, 2009

Should smoking around children be considered child abuse?....



I never thought much about it until I had my little girl but now that I'm a mom it really makes me angry when people smoke around their children. As if it's not bad enough that I hear the excuse over and over from pregnant women that their doctors tell them that quitting smoking would be more stressful on them and therefore worse for the baby ( like the millions of poisons from cigarettes aren't worse? who is kidding who? ) But I've noticed something lately that makes me boil over with anger.
That is to look in the eyes of these beautiful children who are too young to understand or speak up for themselves who at such a young age are plagued with a smoker's cough because their parents are too selfish to go outside.
Am I wrong to believe that smoking around an innocent child should be considered a form of child abuse? I am curious to know what others think about this issue.
And if you are a smoker and you do smoke in your home where your children are present how do you justify this?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...